Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe (Quick & Easy!)
Use your air fryer to make air-fried green beans for a quick and flavorful side dish! This recipe will teach you how to make this healthy dish with different seasonings you already have in your pantry. We’ll show you the perfect timing for fresh and frozen green beans too.
Can You Cook Green Beans in an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a super strong convection oven that uses heat and fans to quickly cook your food. Compared to using a traditional oven, air frying vegetables can potentially cut the cooking time in half, depending on what you’re cooking.
For example, when we roast green beans in the oven, it takes about 15 minutes, whereas air frying green beans takes as little as six minutes. Cooking green beans (also known as string beans or haricot vert) has never been easier with an air fryer because it cooks quickly and is hands-free.
Seasoning Options & Variations
You can try many different seasoning variations with these air fryer green beans. Here are my favorite combinations:
- Savory and zesty: garlic and onion powder, and lemon juice
- Italian style: oregano, basil, parsley
- Spice forward: paprika, cayenne, or red pepper flakes
How Long to Cook Green Beans in an Air Fryer
Air frying green beans takes under 10 minutes to cook and is even shorter if you use fresh green beans. If you are using fresh beans, cook them at 370 °F for six minutes and toss them halfway.
Frozen green beans should be cooked at 400 °F for eight minutes and tossed halfway. We found that frozen green beans were just as good as fresh green beans and faster to prepare. Cooked green beans should be plump and tender when pierced with a fork. If they are shriveled or dark brown, they are overcooked.
What to Serve With Air-Fried Green Beans
Air-fried green beans are a simple healthy side dish that goes well with many different foods. Serve your air-fried and roasted green beans with juicy air fryer meatballs, tender scallops, or spicy sriracha shrimp.
Airfryer Green Beans (Quick & Easy!)
- knife and cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- air fryer
- 16 oz green beans fresh or frozen
- avocado oil spray
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- parmesan cheese optional
- red pepper flakes optional
- lemon wedges optional
- Clean the green beans under cold running water. Dry them with a towel.
- Cut the stems off the bottom and top of the green beans, about ¼ inch on each side.
- Add the green beans to a mixing bowl. Spritz the green beans with two sprays of avocado oil (or one to two teaspoons of avocado oil) and mix with tongs.
- Sprinkle on the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix again with tongs.
- Fresh green beans: Preheat the air fryer to 370 °F. Add the green beans in a single layer without crowding. Cook in multiple batches if necessary. Cook for six minutes, mixing halfway.
- Frozen green beans: Preheat the air fryer to 400 °F. Place the green beans in a single layer in the air fryer basket so they aren’t crowding. Cook in multiple baskets if necessary. Cook for eight minutes, mixing halfway.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle on optional toppings like parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, or lemon.
You must be logged in to post a comment.